So how does SkinPen work?
What happens to the skin?
Phase 1 – The first stage starts immediately after the procedure, which is an inflammatory response to prevent further infection and blood loss. Without this response, no healing can take place.
Phase 2 – The functions of the next phase prevent infection, and clean the wound to provide the best conditions for healing:
• The damaged cells and bacteria are removed from the area
• The blood vessels dilate (the skin goes red) to allow the white blood cells to flood to the area
• The white blood cells and nutrients from the blood, enter the wound and accumulate there. They cleanse the wound by releasing chemicals that digest any bacteria or tissue debris present. Once this is complete, the white cells die off and can be seen as moist, sticky tissue
Phase 3 – is known as the Proliferative Phase. During this, the fibroblast cells (responsible for making collagen), gather at the wound and produce new collagen. The new collagen is not laid down in nice straight lines, instead it is constructed in a random, disorganised fashion. This happens because the body is trying to repair the area quickly. The skin then contracts to heal the wound.
Phase 4 – In the final phase, white blood cells re-jig the disorganised collagen and compact it down into nice, straight, structured lines, giving the skin strength, volume and a more youthful appearance. The wound healing response is complete. Collagen Induction Therapy. Collagen Induction Therapy (Micro-needling) is not just a quick fix. To enable the best results it’s important to commit to a programme, allowing the skin chance to remodel and progress through the different phases. This in turn will stimulate the production of new collagen and the remodelling of old collagen.
• Improves wrinkles, minimises pore size and induce skin tightening
• Stimulates collagen production promoting regeneration and better complexion
• Improves surgical, traumatic, burn and acne scars
• Treats hyperpigmentation (brown spots and Melasma)
• Minimally invasive procedure performed in-office with little, to no recovery time
• Noticeable results in less than a day
• Safe for all skin types, light to dark
• Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage
• Post-procedure protocol for optimal results
|Course 4 (every 4 weeks)||£600|
|Add Medilux LED||£825|