If there’s one facial feature that acts as a sign of the times, it’s eyebrows. From the razor-thin brows of the 1990s, to the trend-setting bushier and Instragrammable brows of the oo’s, bigger, bolder eyebrows are here to stay.
Eyebrows are also one of our most powerful features, they bring out the colour of our eyes, give our face proportion and make even the most naked of faces look fresh and well groomed. Less is certainly more when it comes to make-up these days, the natural look is becoming more and more popular and with a little grooming, we can all achieve that look without piling on the make-up.
From threading, waxing and tinting, to henna, microblading, ombre and lamination (all of which we do here at Stefy Brows), we can all achieve brows we can be proud of. But a little home maintenance will help get your brows in tip top condition and its so much easier than you think! First things first, I know its hard, but you need to HIDE THE TWEEZERS! Go cold turkey, for at least two months – your brows will thank you for it in the long run I promise!
So here are some top tips for the perfect brows, with as little effort as possible required!
- Stick to an enhanced version of your natural shape – its all about enhancing what you were born with rather than trying to create a new look which may not suit the shape of your face, or even your personality! Do not follow brow trends, be true to YOU
- Don’t let your brows overpower you – make sure the size of your brow is relative to the size of your face, a full brow can overpower a small face, and conversely a really thin brow will make a fuller face look even bigger
- Colour consideration – if you like a dark brow and have dark hair, try not to have a big brow as this will overtake your whole face. Really dark brows on the more mature women can make them look too harsh, so its best to have a lighter softer brow. If you have grey hair, stick to a nice ash blonde and fair hair can consider lovely tones of light brown and taupe
- Try not to pluck with tweezers for at least 6-8 weeks to let the natural hair grow back which is then easier to shape professionally
- Use a soft eyebrow pencil in the shade of your natural brows to fill any gaps whilst brows are growing back
- Use a daily eyebrow serum (we recommend the Nouveau Lash and Brow Serum and sell it here at Stefy Brows) with its exclusive triple peptide complex, boosted by vitamins, botanicals and hair conditioners, to support your hair’s natural renewal cycle. Used daily you will notice an improvement in the amount and strength of your brow hair in just two weeks. But there are plenty of much cheaper options you can use to help promote hair growth, just carry on reading…
- Castor oil is the magic ingredient when it comes to brow growth. Sourced from the castor bean, it is rich in ricinoleic acid, a type of fatty acid, found to fight inflammation. When applied it will enhance the health of hair follicles and, in turn, promote hair growth.
- Vaseline is also a great brow moisturiser and leaves brows looking healthy and glossy.
- We brush our head hair every day and our brows are no different. Groom them daily (brush upwards) with a brow wax and mascara or brow brush to help promote growth in the right direction.
We offer free brow consultations at Stefy Brows and can advise on how to improve the condition of your natural brows, or recommend treatments to enhance them. Just call to book and we look forward to seeing you soon!